Call for participants
from France, UK, Italy, Spain, Czech Republic, Turkey, Sweden and Latvia
International training course
Theatre and creativity for social inclusion
Laguépie France, region Midi-Pyrénées 6th – 14th April 2014
CITRUS & INCA
in partnership with Peaceworks (Sweden), Inex-SDA( Czech Republic),
HOPE (Turkey), Dandari (Latvia)
This is a call for actors, clowns, dancers, performers and activists politically engaged and/or socially aware and interested in the use of arts and culture for social inclusion. Citrus and INCA are looking for 26 participants for the project Voting for Youth.
This is an international training course that will be held in Laguépie, little village located 100km North East of regional capital Toulouse (France) from the 6th to the 14th of April 2014. It is a project based on physical theatre, street theatre and clown as tools for social development, using methods of non-formal education and that demands an active participation of participants.
The main theme throughout the project will be the European Citizenship, the role of young people in the democratic process in their national context and in the European one, in particular VOTING, and how creativity and activism could be an answer to social exclusion.
The training is based on practical work. The work will involve theatre workshop, clown, physical work, performance, movement work, team building, training and other theatrical methods. The work will primarily be creative, self reflective, collaborative, and intensive, largely movement and physical based. This training will culminate in a final showcase event in Laguépie to perform the work produced during the week.
Using arts from all theatrical media (street theatre, circus, clown, social theatre, performance art, physical theatre, dance) the project aims to bring together a group, which believe in Art as a tool for creating social change in society.
The project is funded by Youth in Action Programme.
English (plus some Spanish, French and Italian)
The Training course will take place in Laguépie, in the region Midi-Pyrénées, 100 km North-East of
Toulouse, in the South-West France.
Find Laguépie on a Map
The project place is a hosting centre located some hundred meters from the train station, on the shore of the Aveyron river. The participants will be accommodated in rooms of 4 people.
The activities will take place in the working rooms of this centre which also includes pleasant outdoors tree-shaded spaces. The meals will be prepared everyday with fresh and local products by a team of international volunteers.
Participants’ selection criteria
Spain (3 participants) (sending organization INCA Catalunya – firstname.lastname@example.org)
UK (3 participants) (sending organization INCA – email@example.com)
Italy (3 participants) (sending organization INCA Italia –firstname.lastname@example.org)
France (5 participants) (sending organisation Citrus-Solidarités Jeunesses –
Sweden (3 participants) (sending organization Peaceworks – email@example.com)
Czech Republic (3 participants) (sending organization Inex SDA – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Latvia (3 participants) (sending organization Dandari – email@example.com)
Turkey (3 participants) (sending organization HOPE – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact the sending organization in your country for more informations.
Application online contents:
Able to work theatrically and physically
Ready to perform in public using different theatrical techniques
1 year experience in theatrical field
Politically Engaged and/or Socially aware and interested.
Interested in using theatre and arts as a means of personal expression.
Young artists that are ready to participate actively in the project.
Able to attend the full duration of the workshop
Able to use English as a working language
No Age limit (18+)
How to apply:
Fill the application online
and contact with the sending organisation of your country writing a motivational letter.
Please, don’t apply if you are not based in one of the partner countries.
Application deadline : 28th of February 2014
Selection results : 1st of March 2014
After the selection you will receive a detailed infopack with technical details (how to reach the venue, what to bring, etc)
We invite applicants to read carefully about the Youth in Action Programme and the new Erasmus + Programme.
Costs for board, accommodation and training are fully covered by the organisers.
Travel costs: 70% of the travel costs for selected participants are covered by the project. They will be reimbursed after the training course by bank transfer only (in euros). Participants should cover the remaining 30% of travel cost on their own .
Participation fee: 30 euros.
Visa costs: 100% reimbursed
Aurélia Svahnström (FR)
Luca Cataldo (ITA)
Stefano D’Argenio (ESP)
Emanuele Nargi (UK)
Pierluigi Ricciardi (ITA)